A cut above the rest – since 1928
In 1928, engineer Emil Hoogland founded the company with his first patent, for magnetically driven hand shears, which created a sensation at that time at the Leipzig Trade Fair.
Based on this best seller and the development of other new technologies, the company grew steadily, and in 1951 was able to acquire its first corporate premises in Bonn–Buschdorf.
Following the untimely death of the company founder in 1952, Maria Hoogland continued on the life work of her husband and was supported from 1965 by her nephew Detlef Rickert, who took over as sole director after her death in 1986.
In the decades that followed, the company weathered both prosperous and sometimes stormy periods and further strengthened its position by conquering new markets.
Since 2006, the company has been operating under the name “HOOGS CUTTING SYSTEMS GmbH & Co. KG” - a name change required not least of all due to the growing number of international customers.
In 2008 the company moved to its more modern premises at Hohe Strasse 89, Bonn–Tannenbusch, where it employs a staff of 25.
The company is still managed by Detlef Rickert, MBA.